Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pure Goodness

I haven't been much of a recipe poster--but to keep this a secret would truly be keeping a culinary light under a bushel. My sister-in-law, Audra, put together a family cook-book with her side of the family...but I was still lucky enough to get a copy! Thank you again, Audra-dear.This one is entitled "Grandma Woods' Marshmallow Treats." While I've never had the chance to meet you Grandma Woods, I will love you forever. You think I am being over-dramatic? Make them, eat them, and you will love her too.

Grandma Woods' Marshmallow Treats
1/2 c. (1 cube) butter
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 14 oz. package Kraft caramels, unwrapped (I used Werthers Originals chewy caramels)
1/2 bag (8 oz) of large marshmallows
1 box Rice Krispies cereal

Cook butter, condensed milk, and caramels in a double boiler until smooth. Turn off heat, but leave mixture over hot water while working with it and stir often. With kitchen shears cut large marshmallows in half. Roll in caramel mixture. Then roll in Rice Krispies cereal. Place on waxed paper to cool. Store in an air tight container.

4 comments:

Amy June Bates said...

drool.

Kaye said...

Not helping my weight loss ideas, I will definitely give this a go.....for my kids of course :)

Amber said...

seriously, I wish I saw this before the new year when I was eating everything under the sun. today, all I want it those and all I have eaten is vegatables. miss your face.

Taylor & Natalie Barrett said...

When you live in California... you NEED to update your blog!! PLEASE! I love you!